Apartment Rental Market in Lane County
Understanding the phases of the real estate cycle is critical for investors because as vacancy starts to increase, it affects how much an apartment owner can charge for rent, which trickles down to their bottom line. This in turn impacts what their property could potentially sell for. Learn where Lane County is in the real estate investment cycle as well as what to expect.
What You Will Learn in Episode 4:
- The last recession and its impact on Eugene area commercial real estate
- The four phases of the real estate cycle:
- Hyper supply
- The current healthy apartment rental supply in Lane County: renters looking to rent and new units still being built
- How incentives go up as the rental market softens
- Impact of UO on rental pool market and the 3,000 new beds that will be coming on the market over the next 18 months
- How rent control affected migration into Portland
- The impact of rent control on out-of-state investors
Recovery, expansion, hyper supply, and recession are the four phases of the real estate investment cycle. In Eugene keeping tabs on what’s coming in the UO rental pool market is also important. Knowing where Lane County is in real estate cycle will help investors make critical decisions about their multi-family properties.
Learn more about the opportunities available to capitalize on the current disruptions in the Oregon multifamily market
Click the button below to download my book or request a hard copy:
If you’re ready to talk with me about your options as an investor: