How Oregon Rent Control Rent Increase Restrictions Impact Multifamily Property Improvements
The increased restrictions as a result of Oregon rent control are having a significant impact on investors’ willingness to take on multifamily property improvements. Learn about the factors that landlords must consider as they consider their opportunities to raise rents and the improvements their properties may need.
What You Will Learn in Episode 5:
- Situations in which landlords can raise rent above this year’s 9.9 percent cap
- The lack of incentive to make property improvements
- The reason Lane County investors are buying but out-of-state investors aren’t as active
- The reasons apartment investors are considering switching to other types of commercial property investments
- The opportunities available in mini-storage and triple net
- Tenants’ concerns about bringing issues to their landlord’s attention and the impact on property maintenance
- The possibility of the rent cap being reduced even more in 2021
The increased restrictions that come with Oregon rent control are having some unfortunate effects on multifamily investors in Lane County and beyond. Many landlords are now hesitant to make the investment in multifamily property improvements due to the various restrictions on increasing rents. Know your options to protect yourself as an investor.
Learn more about the opportunities available to capitalize on the current disruptions in the Oregon multifamily market
Click the button below to download my book or request a hard copy:
If you’re ready to talk with me about your options as an investor: